Saturday, June 11, 2011

Challenges Update - end August

I can't believe it's the first of September. My reading has been going steadily along. I'll post about what I read in August in the next few days. I just wanted to see how I was going with my challenges. :))

100+ challenge = 52/100 (52%)
Depending on the length of the books I will read, I may possibly make 100.

Speculative fiction = 11/12
Up by 3. (91%)

Horror & Urban Fantasy = 8/24 (33%)
No change

Mystery & Suspense = 4/12  (33%)
No change

Stephen King = 1/6 or 12 (16%)
Finally a blip on the radar

Romance = 8/24  (33%)
This has the biggest change - with 5 books read this month. Since I'm doing a Writing Buddy Wednesday post over on Eleni's Taverna, I thought I should make more of an effort to get to books by buddies in my TBR pile.


What am I currently reading? 
Well because of my tendency to mix it up quite a bit. I also return books to the library, partly read and then get them back again. I find it helps me move things along.

Reward book: Amy Matthew's End of the Night - just brilliant. Am 3/4 of the way through.

  • Cast in Shadow by Michelle Sagara
  • The King's Bastard by  Rowena Cory Daniells
  • Insatiable by Meg Cabot
  • Fortune's Fool by Mercedes Lackey
  • Penumbra by Keri Arthur
  • Covet by J.R. Ward
  • Home is Where The Bark Is by Kandy Shepherd
  • A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
  • Moonlight Becomes You by Mary Higgins Clark
  • At the Billionaire's Beck and Call? by Rachel Bailey


Thanks for following along with my reading. Keeping this blog helps me look over what I've read and what I've been lacking. Which is another reason there was a push for the romance genre.




How about you? Do you have challenges to help you along?


No comments:

Welcome to my reading blog!!