|courtesy of Pixabay|
Certain books like the A Song of Ice and Fire series have been sitting on my bookshelf for a very long time to read. I am talking many many years here folks. It's not like I didn't want to read these books. Alas my reading had decreased as I got busier initially and then because of my health.
The other factor is that while I want to know what happens in a series, my brain needs time to percolate on the book I have just read. In the old days I could have inhaled a series one book after another, but now days this is rare.
I think being a writer is a factor as not to unconsciously emulate the work I'm reading. Hence the shuffle of different books and the multiple books at the same time.
Still I have boxes of books that I want to read and don't get me started on my eTBR pile! Eeek!
My TBR pile on Goodreads is about 253 books but this is mainly series titles and books I know off by heart that I have. There are boxes more! Eeeek!
My name is Eleni and I'm a book purchasing addict!
I buy books when they are released or on sale, when it's next in my series reading. I buy when friends have book launches or book signings, and auto-buy authors who I have read for years. I don't know when I'm going to read all these books, but I can't stop buying. And it's not only print - there's ebooks which gives me digital only books especially novellas (occasionally short stories), but also it's a lower price point so I can get more for the same amount. I would say I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 now - I still love my physical books but there is definitely room in my life for ebooks.
To help me catch up (and the budget), I'm currently on a print book buying freeze except for series. With ebooks it will be authors I have read or be part of a series.
In 2016, I aimed for 15 print books and 15 ebooks. I achieved both with 22 for print and 16 for ebooks, totalling 38 books, which is not a bad effort.
- My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent 
- The Patterson Girls by Rachael Johns 
- Spirit Dances by C.E. Murphy 
- How to Get Over Your Ex by Nikki Logan 
- To Catch A Bride by Anne Gracie 
- The Seven Month Itch by Allison Rushby 
- Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman 
- Burning Bridges by Laura Anne Gilman 
- What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie [>1 year]
- Little Gems Short Story Anthology: Diamond (2012) by Romance Writers of Australia 
- His Princess in the Making by Melissa James 
- The Accidental Wedding by Anne Gracie 
- Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn 
- The Lone Warrior by Denise Rossetti 
- A Dance with Dragons, Part 1: Dreams and Dust by George R.R. Martin 
- Bound by the Unborn Baby by Bella Bucannon 
- Bride by Mistake by Anne Gracie 
- The Misted Cliffs by Catherine Asaro 
- Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur 
- Captive of Sin by Anna Campbell 
- If I Die by Rachel Vincent 
- Christmas at the Castle by Marion Lennox 
- Bloodlust Denied by Christina Phillips 
- The Christmas Gift by Monica McInnery
- Hellcursed (Shadowfae #0.5) by Erica Hayes (short story) 
- Chaos Born by Rebekah Turner 
- Write or Die by Scott Nicholson 
- This is Your Afterlife by Vanessa Barneveld 
- Blind Attraction by Eden Summers 
- Dead Faint by Lizzie T. Leaf 
- A Pretty Mess by Carla Caruso 
- The Short Story Toolshed by Della Galton 
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle  - read half as ebook and listened to half as audio
- The Final Wish by Tracey O'Hara 
- Legend of the Timekeepers by Sharon Ledwith 
- Dark Child (Awakenings) Episode 1 by Adina West 
- Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle #2) by Jenny Schwarz 
- South of Salem (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #2) by Janni Nell