Monday, January 9, 2017

2016 and tackling the TBR piles


courtesy of Pixabay
I made a real effort to tackle the TBR (to be read)  piles this year - both in print and in e-books.

Certain books like the A Song of Ice and Fire series have been sitting on my bookshelf for a very long time to read. I am talking many many years here folks. It's not like I didn't want to read these books. Alas my reading had decreased as I got busier initially and then because of my health.

The other factor is that while I want to know what happens in a series, my brain needs time to percolate on the book I have just read. In the old days I could have inhaled a series one book after another, but now days this is rare.

I think being a writer is a factor as not to unconsciously emulate the work I'm reading. Hence the shuffle of different books and the multiple books at the same time.

Still I have boxes of books that I want to read and don't get me started on my eTBR pile! Eeek!

My TBR pile on Goodreads is about 253 books but this is mainly series titles and books I know off by heart that I have. There are boxes more! Eeeek!

My name is Eleni and I'm a book purchasing addict!

I buy books when they are released or on sale, when it's next in my series reading. I buy when friends have book launches or book signings, and auto-buy authors who I have read for years. I don't know when I'm going to read all these books, but I can't stop buying. And it's not only print - there's ebooks which gives me digital only books especially novellas  (occasionally short stories), but also it's a lower price point so I can get more for the same amount. I would say I'm about 1/2 and 1/2 now - I still love my physical books but there is definitely room in my life for ebooks.

To help me catch up (and the budget), I'm currently on a print book buying freeze except for series. With ebooks it will be authors I have read or be part of a series.

In 2016, I aimed for 15 print books and 15 ebooks. I achieved both with 22 for print and 16 for ebooks, totalling 38 books, which is not a bad effort.



Print books

  1. My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent [2013]
  2. The Patterson Girls by Rachael Johns [2015]
  3. Spirit Dances by C.E. Murphy [2015]
  4. How to Get Over Your Ex by Nikki Logan [2013]
  5. To Catch A Bride by Anne Gracie [2009]
  6. The Seven Month Itch by Allison Rushby [2009]
  7. Bring It On by Laura Anne Gilman [2006]
  8. Burning Bridges by Laura Anne Gilman [2007]
  9. What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie [>1 year]
  10. Little Gems Short Story Anthology: Diamond (2012) by Romance Writers of Australia [2012]
  11. His Princess in the Making by Melissa James [2009]
  12. The Accidental Wedding by Anne Gracie [2010]
  13. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn [2010]
  14. The Lone Warrior by Denise Rossetti [2011]
  15. A Dance with Dragons, Part 1: Dreams and Dust by George R.R. Martin [2014]
  16. Bound by the Unborn Baby by Bella Bucannon [2016]
  17. Bride by Mistake by Anne Gracie [2016]
  18. The Misted Cliffs by Catherine Asaro [2005]
  19. Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur [2011]
  20. Captive of Sin by Anna Campbell [2009]
  21. If I Die by Rachel Vincent [2015]
  22. Christmas at the Castle by Marion Lennox [2013]


E-books
  1. Bloodlust Denied by Christina Phillips [2013]
  2. The Christmas Gift by Monica McInnery 
  3. Hellcursed (Shadowfae #0.5) by Erica Hayes (short story) [2009]
  4. Chaos Born by Rebekah Turner [2012]
  5. Write or Die by Scott Nicholson [2011]
  6. This is Your Afterlife by Vanessa Barneveld [2014]
  7. Blind Attraction by Eden Summers [2013]
  8. Dead Faint by Lizzie T. Leaf [2014]
  9. A Pretty Mess by Carla Caruso [2014]
  10. The Short Story Toolshed by Della Galton [2015]
  11. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle [2013] - read half as ebook and listened to half as audio
  12. The Final Wish by Tracey O'Hara [2012]
  13. Legend of the Timekeepers by Sharon Ledwith [2013]
  14. Dark Child (Awakenings) Episode 1 by Adina West [2013]
  15. Angel Thief (Out of the Bottle #2) by Jenny Schwarz [2012]
  16. South of Salem (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #2) by Janni Nell [2012]

~Happy Reading~


No comments:

Welcome to my reading blog!!