Saturday, October 16, 2010

Changing the pace

I just finished reading 'The Next Accident' by Lisa Gardner. This is book 3 of the Pierce Quincy/Rainie Conner books, though book 1 doesn't feature Rainie at all.

This is the way a thriller should be written. Keeping the reader guessing. Who? What? Where? How? Very fascinating stuff, and very emotional too. Poor Quincy - someone has it out for him. First it's his eldest daughter who dies (presumably in a car accident)...and then well, his life gets turned upside down.

It's been awhile since I read a thriller and the ease of Lisa Gardner's writing takes you into the story. I'm glad to come back out again because that is not a world I'd like to live in all the time. Nope, not for me. But I will read the next book in the series for sure- The Killing Hour.

Happy reading!

~yia~

No comments:

Welcome to my reading blog!!