It's difficult to say which were my favourite books. Different styles and voices and I love variation.
Still Highlights were:
* reading debut books by writing buddies
* reading more graphic novels (comics), including starting the legendary series, The Sandman by Neil Gaimain. I also had a X-Men kick, starting with Joss Whedon's contribution to the series. And I loved seeing The Dark Hunters and Twilight in graphic form. As well as the crew from Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity.
*Being introduced to the fabulous world of writer and artist Shaun Tan, and managed to get a book signing at WorldCon. I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Thing and read it for the first time to my godson.
* Starting a number of book series.
* listening to an audio book
* finishing off the Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur
* reading Xinran's Miss Chopsticks. A fascinating look at Chinese culture through the eyes of three sisters from the country. I read this because I needed the letter X for an A-Z author challenge. A very different style but fascinating.
* funniest book - Dogs & Goddesses. Loved this collaboration.
* the most emotionally charged book - One Small Miracle.
* favourites in series already started
What a year. I'm hoping 2011 will another great one and so far it has been.