Monday, January 24, 2011

2010 reads overview

I had a great year last year with my reading. I don't think there was one item that I didn't enjoy reading. Yes, some took longer than others to get through, but that is more about me than the books, I believe.

It's difficult to say which were my favourite books. Different styles and voices and I love variation.

Still Highlights were:

* reading debut books by writing buddies

  

 




* reading more graphic novels (comics), including starting the legendary series, The Sandman by Neil Gaimain. I also had a X-Men kick, starting with Joss Whedon's contribution to the series. And I loved seeing  The Dark Hunters and Twilight in graphic form. As well as the crew from Joss Whedon's Firefly/Serenity.







*Being introduced to the fabulous world of writer and artist Shaun Tan, and managed to get a book signing at WorldCon. I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Thing and read it for the first time to my godson.



* Starting a number of book series.









  
 



* listening to an audio book



* finishing off the Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur



* reading Xinran's Miss Chopsticks. A fascinating look at Chinese culture through the eyes of three sisters from the country. I read this because I needed the letter X for an A-Z author challenge. A very different style but fascinating.





* funniest book - Dogs & Goddesses. Loved this collaboration.



* the most emotionally charged book - One Small Miracle



* favourites in series already started

 

 




What a year. I'm hoping 2011 will another great one and so far it has been.

Happy Reading!!



No comments:

Welcome to my reading blog!!