Monday, September 26, 2016

Series Reading - authors starting with A



This is the first post about my series reading. I have a few I've started over the years and I'm making an effort to go through them. I list the current books I'm reading on my series reading page. Books are listed via author's first name.

I've read a few of the A category in 2016.


Amanda Hocking


Trylle Trilogy 
Genre: YA paranormal romance

A really easy to read and interesting series about the world of Trylles aka trolls.

Up to: third and final book of this series, Ascend

2016: #2 and #2.5 





Anne Gracie

The Devil Riders 
Genre: historical romance, regency

I love the series and I love Anne Gracie's voice. The Regency world is brought to life in this series of men who return from the war and who are trying to find their place in the world. 

Currently reading: fifth and final book, Bride by Mistake

2016: #3 & #4



Chance Sisters 
Genre: historical romance, regency

This series is waiting oh so patiently on my TBR pile while I finish off 'The Devil Riders'. The Autumn Bride is the first in the series and it'll be the next Anne Gracie I'll read. 





Aaron Blabey

The Bad Guys
Genre: Childrens

Hilarious series about a cast of animal characters who are seen as bad guys who a trying to do and be good. 


Up to: book 4, Zombies - yet to be published 

2016: #2 & #3




(Sir) Arthur Conan Doyle

Sherlock Holmes
Genre: Classics, detective

There have been so many adaptations over the years, I've gone back to the original stories. I am reading the stories occasionally between other stories. I'm listening to the latest story from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes in audio format, which I will probably continue. 

Currently Reading: The Five Orange Pips in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes 

2016: 1 story from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (so far 4 out of 12 read)



The total is 7 stories read in 2016 for authors starting with A - 3 novels, 2 children's books, 2 short stories - and I'm currently reading 2 more stories. 

Not a bad effort.

Happy Reading!
~Eleni



No comments:

Welcome to my reading blog!!