Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another reading challenge - Support Your Local Library

I have Suzi Love to thank for bringing this challenge to my attention. What it does is combine my love of books with supporting my local library. As a former librarian, I know how important libraries are to people. I've been going to the library ever since I was a child - I did stop for awhile due to the CFS - but I'm back.


I've decided to do the Just My Size challenge - which is to borrow and read 50 books from the library. Hmmm.... might be a tall order but that's my aim. But then again if I borrow 25 books, I can complete the Mini Challenge.


And I can combine the titles with other challenges, so there will definitely be overlap. 




This challenge is run by J. Kaye - check out the details of the challenge here.


I will be adding the books to this post as I go along. 


Wish me luck!!


1. Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordon
2. Astonishing X-men Vol 1: Gifted by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday
3. Astonishing X-men Vol 2: Dangerous by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday
4. Drawing Faces by Rosie Dickins and Jan McCafferty
5. Iron Soldiers: a story of arms & armour by Dave Luckett
6. Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon
7. The Curse of Dracula by Marv Wolfman
8. Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich
9. Astonishing X-men Vol 3: Torn by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday
10.The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
**
11. Lover Avenged by JR Ward
12. Astonishing X-Men Vol 4: Unstoppable by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday
13. Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan (childrens)
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! So glad you are joining this one too! We are going to have so much fun in 2010!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks J.Kaye - I may not do reviews but I'll definitely be reading!!

Welcome to my reading blog!!