Sunday, January 31, 2010

January reads

 


I read/ finished the following this month:


Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordon (childrens) - Fantasy

Thoroughly enjoyed this modern take on the Greek gods still living among us. It had wit & charm. Definitely will continue reading the series.

Astonishing X-men Vol 1: Gifted by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday - Comic

Great story. This is the first X-men comic I have read and so not sure what the complete backstory is (helps abit to have watched the movies). 

Lights, Camera...Kiss The Boss by Nikki Logan (debut book!) - Harlequin Romance

I LOVED this book & it's written by someone I very much admire. You wouldn't think it was a debut book - honestly, it just flowed so well & kept me entertained. It does have a nature theme but it's very cleverly woven into the story & tied to the characters. We will be seeing much more of Nikki Logan, no doubt.


Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - YA - Paranormal romance
review here.

Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich - Mystery/ Humour
I enjoy reading this series but I do have to be in the mood. The triangle between Stephanie, Morelli & Ranger is getting a little on the 'old' side. But the humour and the way Stephanie always seems to get into trouble make up for that. And the secondary characters are a scream.

Astonishing X-men Vol 2: Dangerous by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday - Comic
A good continuation of the story.

The Morcai Battalion by Diana Palmer - Science Fiction
I really like the premise of this and I did enjoy the characters. I just felt it jumped around with the character's perspectives. I'm interested in reading the rest of the series though.


Favourite was....drum roll....

 

Nikki Logan's Lights, Camera...Kiss The Boss

The cover left is the Australian/New Zealand version that will hit the shelves in March. 


Happy Reading!


2 comments:

Nicky Strickland said...

Oooh you've been reading Joss :-) *happy dance*. I read his Runaways (was given the hardcover awww) & very much enjoyed it. Haven't read any X-Men stuff.

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL Nicky. How did I know that mentioning Joss would perk up your ears? ;)) I'll have to put Runaways away on my list.

Welcome to my reading blog!!